Tuesday 19 March 2013

REVIEW: MAN RAY- MAN RAY PORTRAITS

This exhibition show cased the famous portraits done by Mr Man Ray in 'The National Portrait Gallery'. The exhibition tells us the story about his career in Paris and his home town America. It was nothing compared to the Juergen Teller exhibition, it was a lot more classy and polished. I felt so inspired by his work, and it was amazing to see the 'early' works of photography right before you. I especially liked the solarized photograph of the beautiful Lee Miller, I also liked the photographs of the famous Coco Chanel
I personally liked how the exhibition was set, the dim lighting really helped to bring out the photographs, I also really liked how personalized some of the photographs were. By that I mean, some of the photographs seemed to have tears and scribbling of writing  which I assume were Man Ray's writing. This to me just made the exhibition that more beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment