Wednesday 7 November 2012

EVALUATION- EVERYDAY LIFE

Evaluation






I was quite pleased with my final prints, I think that they are quite 
contrasted due to them being in black and white and the subject links to the theme of everyday life. However I was displeased that my coloured photographs didn't come out as well as I had hoped, they were either too dark in some places or not in focus, so instead I decided to stick to my black and white prints. I did find that taking the photographs proved to be a challenge because each time I had to ensure that the lighting was good and that the image was in focus which is quite hard to do on a film SLR. Also developing the images wasn't too difficult, however making sure that you exposed the film for the right amount of time and had the correct filters on was a bit of hassle and at times I did forget to check everything which could have been the cause of not having very successful images. I enjoyed all the techniques I was taught throughout the project, especially the slow shutter speed because I really do think that it makes the image more alive and and adds a lot of movement if done right. If I had to do anything differently it would be to retake my coloured film photos, because I was really disappointed when they didn't come out like I had hoped and also because I really like the theme I was given and also looking at Tom Wood's coloured photographs I had hopes mine would turn out similar. As mentioned I was really influenced by Tom Wood's photography because his work is pretty much about capturing normal everyday life as that is the basis of his work. but also the black and white nature of Jason Martini's photographs.
Overall I really did enjoy the project, and also the theme was really good, I hoped we were given a little bit more time to take all of our photographs though.

No comments:

Post a Comment