Saturday 6 April 2013

DIGITAL EXPERIMENTS

Contact Sheets:


Digital Experimentation:



This image was one I took just after we had a little rain. I got behind a group of tourists and took the photograph of their shadows. I also wanted to get their feet in the photograph as I thought it still kept that theme of obscured but yet it still revealed a small part of that person. I edited the photograph in using Photoshop, adjusting the brightness and contrast and giving the photograph this blue tone. I really liked the way it looks and its a different take on the classic black and white and also adds to that 'cold' atmosphere of busy London streets.
This photograph is a portrait of a man who I found rather dapper in his trench coat and on his phone. The way he was standing also seemed posed, however that as not the case. I managed to capture him in his natural sate without him realizing, which thinking now I am not sure how he didn't see me but I think that was the fun of it. Again I edited the photograph in Photoshop and again went for that coloured look, only this time I choose a more greenish tint. I also played with the brightness and contrast so it didn't look too off.


For this photograph I was looking down on people from Trafalgar Square and photographing them, sort of like 'spying'. I got behind the wall and photographed in between the bits you could see out off and focused my camera on the actual instead of the people. I really liked this effect and it was extremely easy to achieve and in my opinion quite successful. I only done some slight editing to this image by making it a little more sharper and brighter.


This is a really sweet photograph of an old couple, which I couldn't resist not taking a photograph of. I applied the same technique as I did for the photograph above but instead I photographed it in landscape. Since my camera was on auto-focus I couldn't get certain part of the photograph out of focus, so I did this using Photoshop. I drew a circle around the couple, then feathered it out so it didn't look too perfect, then inverted this, and then I applied gaussian blur to achieve this effect.  










No comments:

Post a Comment