Sunday 23 June 2013

DIGITAL EXPERIMENTS: JULIE COCKBURN INSPIRED




These are my digital experiments inspired by Julie Cockburn. All of the photographs I used are not my own, I found them on Google. For the first image I opened it up onto Photoshop. I then picked a shape which in my case was a square which I rotated to look like a diamond. I used a geometric shape as it is a lot easier to piece together. After choosing my shape I drew the shape onto my image ensuring that it wasn't too big. After this I went to my layers pallet, ensuring that my background was a layer by double-clicking it then I dragged my background layer above my shape so that the shape was now sent backwards. Holding down CTRL and right click on a MAC and then pressing clipping mask allows the image to take form of the shape you have created. Selecting the move tool allows you to be able to move the image to where ever you please. You then need to open the same image again, holding down the shift button and selecting both layers and then CMND and E at the same time allows you to merge your layers together, meaning that you can now move your clipping mask onto your new image. You then just press 'edit' 'step backward' and then select a new area and repeat the process. It is really simple and creates a lovely effect.

For the second image I opened my image in Photoshop, created a new layer and then choosing the selection tool in the tool box I made a circle shape. I then filled the circle with a colour of my choosing using the paint bucket. I then set the layer blending mode to multiply, which then gave it that see-through effect and then I repeated it changing the colour and size of the circles. This is a very easy way to add a pop of colour to a black and white photograph, and I really liked my outcome.

For my final image I did a combination of both the techniques expect this time I created my own shape and I didn't fill in the shape with any colour. I thought that it was 'quirky' way of incorporating both techniques and I was just playing around.
I am really glad how my outcomes came out and I really liked the techniques I was given as they were very easy to follow and do.

No comments:

Post a Comment