Thursday 20 June 2013

HAND-MADE EXPERIMENTS: JULIE COCKBURN INSPIRED




These are my hand-made versions of my Julie Cockburn inspired work. None of the photographs were my own, I just found them on Google and printed them out. 
For the first photograph I cut out the face of the man and glued a plain piece of cartridge paper onto the back. I then got two different colours of tissue paper and scrunched them up into little balls and stuck them onto the paper. I really like the colour that it brought to the image, although it was a very tedious task.
For the second photograph I just took a few pieces of different coloured wool and stuck them onto the face of the model. I wanted to add more pieces of wool, however the glue I was using wasn't too good and made it almost impossible for the wool to stay down on the paper, so I just stuck with my few pieces of wool.
For my final photograph I just simply took a fine liner to it and just did different patterns onto the face. Cockburn originally those this by stitching onto the face, but as I didn't have to tools nor the patience I recreated the same look with a pen. I also decided to colour in the lips red, as I really like the way a little hind of colour looks on a monochrome photograph. 

No comments:

Post a Comment