Sunday 2 June 2013

CHEMIGRAMS


This a simple stop motion animation which I made showing the process of making a chemigram. A chemigram follows some of the basic principles as a photogram does, however the major difference is that in the chemigram process the photographic paper is exposed to natural light.
There are two ways of making a chemigram, both achieving a different look. 
The first way is the one I did above, which was simply getting the exposed paper, dipping my desired objects into the developer solution, pressing the objects for about 10 seconds and then placing it into the stop, fix and then proceed to wash it. This method of doing the chemigram achieves a look, in which the space where the object was placed to be black and the background to be lighter. This helps to show a little more detail in the object.
The other way of creating a chemigram is to dip the objects first into the fix solution, and then placing it into the developer, then stop solution and then washing it. This darkens the background and leaves the space where the objects placed white.





These are my chemigrams which came out better. They are all of different leaves which I had previously made a composition sheet in order to make it easier to know where to place the objects as and also to help differentiate my prints from the rest of the group. I mainly used to the first method of creating the chemigrams as it was my preferred way and also it showed more detail than the other, however the last one I used the second method, and to my surprise it came out pretty good. 
All in all, I do quite like chemigrams as you never know quite what your getting and its that element of surprise which makes them interesting to see and make. 

No comments:

Post a Comment