Monday 10 June 2013

REVIEW: EXHIBITION 2013

The theme throughout the exhibition was ' Inside, outside and in between'. I thought that the show was very well composed and accessible to everyone. The room was very well laid out and was very open. The ability of being able to open the walls of the classroom, giving a bigger space gives a different outlook to the whole show. 
My favourite pieces in the exhibition, was one where jars were filled with oil, and the student placed their photographs inside. This gave the image a very distorted look, and also if the jar was moved, the image would move along with the jar, which I found very interesting and abstract. The second piece which I really liked was the cinemagraph, this is when the photograph focus on one frame, but has a constant moving image much like a gif. I really liked these images as they were a little more interactive and visually pleasing then simply having to look at an image which has just been plastered on the wall.
A photograph which related well to my own work was one done by student which followed the same sort of theme that I did, which was criminality. She took a various of different shots of a girl o.ding and then her suspects at the bottom of the photograph with fingerprints. This related to my work because I did something very similar, but I presented my work differently.

I think what I could take from the exhibition is that originality is key in making your work stand out, and to think 'outside the box'. Also to think about presentation as this is how people are going to see your work, in art photography you have the freedom to print your photograph onto anything you please, so to use to my advantage.







These were just a few bad quality photographs of my favourite pieces in the exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment